Bacon Vinaigrette Dressing
After having the bacon spinach/shrimp salad at Applebee’s I dang near licked the plate clean. I *had* to have it again!
As we don’t often eat out AND the closest Applebees’s is at least 20 min away… Well, I used my google-fu to figure out what I wanted and made up my OWN recipe. Ummmm Yummm!
- 1 package bacon
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tsp dried mustard or 1 TB spicy mustard
- handful of fresh diced green onions or 1/8 cup of red onions
- handful sunflower seeds or almond slivers
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside.
- Leave bacon grease in pan.
- Add onions to skillet with reserved grease and cook until tender. Add the bacon, vinegar, mustard, sugar and salt. Stir and bring to boil.
- Cool until warm. Add sunflower seeds/almonds.
- Serve dressing while warm (ooooh baby! hehehe)