Monthly Menu – March
It’s almost time for me to go grocery shopping.
First thing to arriving at our monthly menu – ask the kids what they want!
Each child (and Katy) gets to pick 3 meals that they want for dinner. One of those meals they will either have to cook, or will have to give me LOTS of help cooking. Part of my evil plan to have my children grow up to be decent cooks (or in Katy’s case – learn to fend for herself besides eating out and ramen)
Then, when we’ve compiled our list, we add in the old stand-bye dishes that everyone is fine with eating, but that no one picked out.
Also, this month, Danyca, the 11 year old doesn’t get to pick any dishes because her behavior has been SO very evil-stepsister like that we aren’t doing ANYTHING special for her until she stops her behavior for more than a couple of days. So only Morgan, Ian, Owyn, Ingrid and Katy are choosing dishes since Honey is in Alabama on job related things and Kaia’s a little young to choose meals. I’m not picky and I don’t cook it if I don’t like it, so….
March Menu (with links to recipes as applicable)
- Potato/ham/cheese/broccoli chowder
- Homemade Pizza
- Morgan’s hamburgers
- Broccoli Beef and fried rice
- Wacky Mac with Meatballs
- Sloppy Goblins
- Chicken with Cream of Mushroom rice (crockpot)
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet Casserole
- BBQ pork on buns with salad
- Zombie Stew
- Italian Chicken, potato wedges, and fried green beans.
Now that’s only 15 meals. We need 31…. so to this list I’m going to add:
- Swedish Meatballs
- Ham n Cheese – Shells n Trees
- Chicken Mushroom Swiss
- Taquito’s w/ black beans and red rice
- Chipoltle Chicken
- Breakfast for Dinner (pancakes, bacon/sausage and eggs)
- Clam Chowder
- Muligitawny Soup
- Chicken Chow Mein (with soft rice noodles)
- Slow Cooker Meatballs in Peanut Chili Sauce
- Chili w/ Cornbread